WARM Currents-26th Annual All-Memeber Juried Exhibition.
The Women's Art Registry of Minnesota Presents our 26th Annual All-Memeber Juried Exhibition.
When: Mach 4-27, 2010
Artist's Reception: March 20, 4 to 7 PM
Juror's Talk: Saturday, March 20, 2-4 PM, by Beate Minkovski, co-founder and Executive Director of Woman Made Gallery, Chicago
Where: Northrup King Building, 1500 Jackson St., Rm. 332 Minneapolis, MN 55413 Exhibition hours: Wed, Thurs, Sat 12-6pm, Fri 1-8pm, March 4th the exhibit will be open until 9pm for the First Thursdays at the Northrup King Building. All events free and open to the public.
The Women's Building and WARM present a WARM Works Event
January 9-March 5, 2010
Opening Reception:Opening Reception: January 23, 1-3:30 p.m.
Paintings in watercolor, oil, and acrylic by WARM members Judy Fawcett, Liesa Miller and Noelle Rollins will be on exhibit at the Minnesota Women's Building - 550 Rice Street - St. Paul, MN 55103
Building Hours: M - F 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Etsy—The Basics and Beyond
When:Tuesday, February 16th from 7 to 9 pm
300 University Ave. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Have you ever wondered about opening an Etsy site and selling your art over the internet? Get a behind the scenes "sneak peek" of how to get started selling on etsy.com. Etsy is an online marketplace for handmade goods. Seller and etsy advocate, Becka Rahn, will give you a behind the scenes tour of her shop, so you can see what it looks like from the seller's perspective. We will talk about fees, advantages and disadvantages of selling online and much more. Becca has been teaching technology based classes to artist for over 4 years. She'll be able to answer questions you have about starting a site or how to get the most out of your current site. Please email questions ahead of time to firstname.lastname@example.org. Becca is willing to tailor her presentation to our needs. The more information we can give her the better!
Fresh Art! is a meeting presented by WARM for members (non-members are also welcome). Each meeting presents an art topic, followed by attendees sharing new work they have created. Some meetings are devoted to a hands-on art activity. 2009 Fresh Art! meeting were coordinated by Faye Hoch. She can be contacte by email at email@example.com. In 2009, Fresh Art! will be offered quarterly. Members will be able to attend free, non-members will be charged $5.00 per meeting.
WARM Board Openings-Check Them Out and Apply Today
WARM's vibrancy is made possible by an all-volunteer Board of Directors who look after and plan the organization's Exhibitions, Programming, Communications, etc. Our Board is made up of a blend of members that are practicing artists, as well as arts advocates who have other skills to lend in support of strengthening the organization. Board members interact with both the WARM membership as well as get to know other regional artists organizations in the course of their time on the Board, which is typically a two-year term.
The application process is simple. Just send an email to to express interest in one of the open positions listed below. Interviews will be arranged on an ongoing basis as applications are received.
Currently we are looking for board members to fill the following needs:
- Fundraising and Development Chair- help us work to secure grants and funding to help advance the organization.
- Organizational Outreach- working on partnering with other organizations.
- Membership Outreach- develop ways to increase the reaches of WARM membership demographically and geographically.
- Event Coordinator- plan and implement events for the entire WARM membership base and beyond.
- Established Artist Program Planner- help develop programs that will serve artists who are more established in their careers. Ideas thus far are a mentor mentoring program, a critical response service, and informal mentioning relationships outside the Mentor Program.
- Future Mentor Cycle Planner- assist in securing future exhibition locations and considering the needs of the next Mentor Program cycle.
- Board member at large- no specific responsibility program-wise, but a willingness to serve on committees as a need arises.
The WARM Board is a phenomenal way to further add to or further build your leadership experience, while working with an extraordinary group of women. Our meetings take place the second Thursday of every month from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Our current meeting location is the Walker Art Center. We ask that all board members are paid members of WARM during their time of service to the board.