Join WARM Members for monthly visits to area art shows. We view the show and then head to a nearby coffee shop to discuss our reactions to the exhibit. For information about WARM Coffee contact
When: May 1, 10 to noon
Minneapolis Institute of Arts
Foot in the Door MAEP Exhibit at Mpls Institute of Art
Mimi Holmes will host.
2400 Third Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404
The museum is located one mile south of downtown Minneapolis at the intersection of 3rd Avenue South and East 24th Street.
Fresh Art! is a meeting presented by WARM for members (non-members are also welcome). Each meeting presents an art topic, followed by attendees sharing new work they have created. Some meetings are devoted to a hands-on art activity. 2009 Fresh Art! meeting were coordinated by Faye Hoch. She can be contacte by email at email@example.com. In 2009, Fresh Art! will be offered quarterly. Members will be able to attend free, non-members will be charged $5.00 per meeting.
WARM Board Openings-Check Them Out and Apply Today
WARM's vibrancy is made possible by an all-volunteer Board of Directors who look after and plan the organization's Exhibitions, Programming, Communications, etc. Our Board is made up of a blend of members that are practicing artists, as well as arts advocates who have other skills to lend in support of strengthening the organization. Board members interact with both the WARM membership as well as get to know other regional artists organizations in the course of their time on the Board, which is typically a two-year term.
The application process is simple. Just send an email to to express interest in one of the open positions listed below. Interviews will be arranged on an ongoing basis as applications are received.
Currently we are looking for board members to fill the following needs:
- Fundraising and Development Chair- help us work to secure grants and funding to help advance the organization.
- Organizational Outreach- working on partnering with other organizations.
- Membership Outreach- develop ways to increase the reaches of WARM membership demographically and geographically.
- Event Coordinator- plan and implement events for the entire WARM membership base and beyond.
- Established Artist Program Planner- help develop programs that will serve artists who are more established in their careers. Ideas thus far are a mentor mentoring program, a critical response service, and informal mentioning relationships outside the Mentor Program.
- Future Mentor Cycle Planner- assist in securing future exhibition locations and considering the needs of the next Mentor Program cycle.
- Board member at large- no specific responsibility program-wise, but a willingness to serve on committees as a need arises.
The WARM Board is a phenomenal way to further add to or further build your leadership experience, while working with an extraordinary group of women. Our meetings take place the second Thursday of every month from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Our current meeting location is the Walker Art Center. We ask that all board members are paid members of WARM during their time of service to the board.