Gifted and Guided, the WARM Mentor Program Exhibition, will be on view from October 6 to November 10 at the Grain Belt Bottling House.
This year we celebrate the 30th anniversary of the national recognized mentor program, which has served more than 450 woman artists. Instated in 1982 it was the brainchild of artist Judith Roode, created to give women the opportunity to learn from other successful women and grow as artists by providing two years of intense guidance and support. WARM recognizes the unique journey and obstacles encountered by woman artist as they build their practice. Mentors serve as role models for their protégée, sharing insights and professional skills while providing supportive critique.
The exhibition is the culmination of the mentoring relationship and the art produced during this two-year journey. Thirty-two artists are participating in the exhibit, 10 mentors, 18 protégée, and 4 Program leaders. All forms of visual art will be represented: paintings, photographs, works on paper, mixed media, installations, and sculptures.
To celebrate and acknowledge the 30th anniversary of the WARM Mentor program there will be a special exhibition of works by Judith Roode.
The opening reception will be held on Saturday October 13 from 6-9 pm at the Grain Belt Bottling House located at 79 13th Avenue NE, Minneapolis. The event is free and open to the public.
Artist Talks will be held on October 20th, Noon-2 pm and November 1st, 7-9 pm, at the Grain Belt Bottling House.
Description: We will start with Gifted and Guided, the WARM Mentor Program Exhibition at the Grain Belt Bottling House. There will be a talk by Judith Roode who created the WARM Mentor Program in 1982. The nationally recognized mentor program has served more than 450 woman artists.
Apply to the WARM Mentor Program – 2013-2014 WARM Mentor PROTEGEE application
Applications for the 2013-2014 program cycle are now available. Please check the Mentor Program tab for further information or contact the WARM Mentor Program Co-Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Protegee Informational Workshops, these workshops will provide complete information about the 2013-2014 Mentor Program:
September 17th, 7-9 pm at the Textile Center of MN.
October 6, 12-2 pm at the Pierre Bottineau Public Library.
- October 13th 6-9 pm Opening Reception Gifted and Guided, the Warm Mentor Program Exhibition, Grain Belt Bottling House, 79 13th Avenue Northeast, Minneapolis, 55413. Come and see the work of current protegees and mentors and celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Mentor Program.
- October 20th, Noon-2 pm AND November 1st, 7-9 pm Exhibition Artists Talks
- October 24th, 7-9 pm and October 27th, 12-2 pm Mentor Program Introductory events held at the American Craft Council offices, Come and meet the 2013-2014 Mentors. They will discuss their work, mentoring philosophies and answer your questions. Two sessions available.
- NOVEMBER 6th, APPLICATIONS DUE
- November 6th – December 10th: Interview period, protegees meet with potential mentors to determine their potential pairing.
- December 20th, contracts due
- January 1, 2013, the program begins.